Our real-estate projects set out to help solve important social problems, supporting significant institutions to preserve and develop important education, healthcare and job creation infrastructure, whilst providing professional investors with an opportunity to make short or long-term, market-rate, risk-adjusted returns.
WE WANT TO PUT MONEY IN ITS PROPER PLACE
At Wellers Impact we are passionate about impact investing. Our objective is to build exciting, ethical and fair investments for investors and clients. Such investments should be positively impacting communities. We partner with businesses and not-for-profit organisations with prime real estate, to deliver a fair return, whilst bringing about sustainable and life-changing transformation to individuals and society.
We are big believers in the power of fair economics to transform lives and give those who most need it a hand-up. Our project teams are comprised of investment managers, accountants, lawyers, capital raisers and development experts who have many years of experience in private equity, real estate investment, not-for-profit organisations and international development.
WE BELIEVE THAT THE CASE IN FAVOUR OF IMPACT INVESTING IS OVERWHELMING. WHAT IS YOUR OPINION?
To us, mutually beneficial partnerships are at the heart of it all. With the right support and structuring, well-run ethical businesses and non-profit organisations have the potential to radically transform their futures and those of the communities they serve.
Why invest with us?
INVESTORS CHOOSE US BECAUSE:
- We offer a unique solution to investors wishing to make a social impact while still receiving strong financial returns with security.
- We offer access to valuable key assets, not normally available in Kenya, through our trusted relationships with charities and faith groups.
- We have a strong performance history in commercial and residential real estate development in Kenya and well established relationships with key development professionals.
- Our ongoing proprietary research on the market in Kenya (including student accommodation) provides us with the necessary knowledge to make our property development projects a success.
- Our strong local legal, banking and real estate agent relationships ensure that we have a good professional team behind us.
- The combination of these established local relationships enable us to achieve our objectives on environmental, social and governance factors.
Our projects are typically based in Kenya, East Africa. Kenya is one of the world’s fastest-growing economies with a willing, capable and entrepreneurial workforce. However, decades of charity hand-outs and endemic corruption has left a significant divide between those with and those without money and power. Many measures are being taken to reduce this inequity and we think that investment and enterprise can make a significant, beneficial contribution to this process. Our team of experts have over 15 years of experience in the local market. With many projects under our belt, we understand what it takes to make a project a success.
Our professional team includes investment analysts, lawyers and accountants who work hard to see our projects come to life for the benefit of investors and partner charities. We have strong, supportive local banking relationships and a cross-team culture that firmly says “no” to corruption. Furthermore, we have a passion to improve working conditions. Apprenticeships play a major part in our thinking and projects and are supported by local businesses, who benefit from the unique on-site opportunities we provide to apprentices. In the future, we hope to see professional development schemes which give access to all becoming the norm in Kenya.
PARTNERING WITH CHARITY LAND OWNERS
By partnering with local charities that provide essential local services to the poorest and most vulnerable in society, our team of professionals has brought investors and significant charity landowners together.
The results are real estate projects that are targeting a significant IRR for investors whilst providing security and helping the charities achieve sustainability which facilitates considerable expansion of their work.
Wellers Impact Limited is a limited company regulated by the Financial Conduct
Investment involves risk. The value of investments, and the income from